Start Making an Impact
on How the World Works
Do you want to make an impact on how the world works? Are you interested in solving practical, real-world problems? Have you ever thought about how to launch space explorations or improving renewable energy? Now, any student in R.I. can start learning how to become tomorrow’s problem solvers at Scituate High School.
SHS’s RIDE-approved Engineering Pathway can start you on a problem-solving track, and even have you tackling the same real-world challenges engineers are challenged by every day, before you even graduate from high school.
Working with technology and tools that engineers use, you’ll adopt a problem-solving mindset and make the leap from dreamer to doer. You’ll learn how to look at challenges as puzzles to be put together rather than obstacles. And you’ll work with like-minded students and mentors to solve pressing real-world issues, from affordable housing design to biofuel production to building working prosthetics.
As a Scituate Spartan, you’ll gain in-demand knowledge and skills that you can use now, in college, and for the rest of your life, in any career path you decide to pursue.
- Autodesk Inventor
- MD Solids
- Virtual Tensile Tester
- West Point Bridge Builder
- America’s Army Simulation Game
- Logger Pro
- 3D Printers
- VEX Robotics Platform
- Introduction to Engineering Design
- Principles of Engineering
- Civil Engineering & Architecture
- Capstone: Senior project and 15 hours of industry job shadowing
- Chemistry EE Honors
- Physics Honors
Major Projects & Activities
- Renewable Electrical Energy Generation and Distribution Design Challenge
- Truss Design and Testing
- Machine Control Design Challenge
- Ballistic Design
- Prostheses Design and Construction
Clubs & Activities
- FIRST and VEX Robotics
- Technology Student Association